Last updated July 31, 2014
Jive Software, Inc. complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor and U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries and Switzerland. Jive Software, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Jive Software, Inc. certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor
Our websites are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through our sites.
Information Collection and Use on the Jive Web Site
Jive may collect personal data from customers both online and offline. In many cases, such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry, or your submission of a form, registration, or communication to us. Information may also be gathered from third-party sources (including without limitation, opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, other companies, and referrals) and through your activities and interactions with us. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise. Jive collects personal data about its customers in a number of ways. In this section, we describe what types of personal data we collect, the ways we collect it, and how we use it. While we have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. The types of personal data typically collected by Jive may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name, and other similar information.
- Personal/demographic information, including gender, level of education and the like.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information and the like).
- Transactional information, including products or services you inquire about, or request; payment information, including your credit card type, number, expiration date and billing address for the card.
- User content, including information provided when you use one of our online communities, forums or other online means of communications, and all other user submissions and content you provide.
- If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend to the Jive community, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Jive stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
What Additional Information Does the Jive Service Collect From Corporate Clients?
When operating as a data processor for our corporate clients the following will apply to our Service: We will also collect information about others from corporate clients such as:
- The name and email address of individuals to be added to the Service.
We use this information to:
- Allow corporate clients to email new users of the Service notification of account activation
- Administer your corporate service account
Jive collects information under the direction of its corporate clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. Jive works with its corporate clients to help them provide notice to their customers concerning the purpose for which personal information is collected.
Access to Data Controlled by Our Corporate Clients.
Jive has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should log into their account and make the appropriate changes or deletions, or direct their query to their corporate administrator (the data controller). If the Corporate Client requests Jive remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to our customers. Jive will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Conducting and following up on transactions. Jive may use personal information such as name, title, street address, phone number, email address, title, and/or company name to conduct transactions with you, process your order, contact you about your order, and so on.
- To contact us with questions, comment, or concerns. We provide a number of ways for you to contact us to ask questions, provide comments, or share concerns. This may occur, for example, via the “contact us” sections on Jive websites, or postal mail. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect your name, title, contact information, message type, case number (if tied to a previous issue), comments, and other types of data relevant to the specific situation (e.g., product involved, use of the product, any problems with the product, and the like).
- To provide materials you request. We provide a number of ways for you to request materials from us, such as newsletters, blog/rss feeds, brochures, product literature, and the like. Jive may collect and use contact name, title, contact information, demographic information, preferences, and other information relevant to responding to your request.
Jive takes appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us via the contact information below.
It’s Your Choice: Contact Preferences
We want to keep in touch with you in ways that you find to be beneficial. By submitting personal contact information, you are agreeing that we may communicate with you via email, telephone, direct mail, and/or other means of communication. If you don’t want us to use your contact information for promotional purposes (such as to tell you about other products and services that might be of interest), please tell us that when you provide your contact information. You can also let us know your preference later by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, or by following the unsubscribe instructions in various communications that we may send you. Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that we might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a newsletter to which you may have subscribed (unless you have unsubscribed), a membership you undertook, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice, and so on.
After you have registered for an account on our service you may adjust your privacy settings by logging into your account and making the appropriate changes.
Re-Targeted advertising uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to display ads. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from Jive or through third party website publishers. If you would like to opt out of re-targeted advertising from Jive that occurs when visiting our third party advertising publishers, please click here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us via the information below.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request that Jive not share their personal data with third parties for such parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an e-mail with “California Privacy” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us: Attention: Consumer Relations — CA Privacy Issues Attn: Jive Software – General Counsel 915 SW Stark Street, Suite 400 Portland, OR 97205
To keep personal data provided by you accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section or by making the change within your Jive community profile page after login into your account. We can then take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession, or to delete your information from our contact list. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to delete your Jive community corporate profile you may contact your Community Administrator. If you wish to delete your profile from the JiveSoftware.com community you may contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to request the deletion of an unauthorized corporate profile you may contact your Community Administrator. If you wish to request the deletion of an unauthorized profile from the JiveSoftware.com community you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.