Gartner Report: Digital Workplace Services That Deliver Real Business Value
Introducing the Digital Workplace Strategic IT Services Portfolio – Gartner Research
Successful digital workplace programs can be used as tools in the fight for talent, as catalysts for effective collaboration and innovation, and as indispensable pillars of a transformational digital business strategy.
These worthy ambitions, however, are difficult to translate into a practical digital workplace program. In this report, Gartner outlines five digital workplace services that connect specific capabilities to key business outcomes.
- Identify key digital workplace services and integrate them into the overall IT services portfolio with relevant business value statements to communicate purpose and value to strategic stakeholders.
- Work with the service management and infrastructure teams to redefine existing workplace, communication, collaboration and managed desktop services with a more-integrated and innovative digital workplace perspective.
- Manage digital workplace IT services like a portfolio in order to maintain business alignment.
- Track digital workplace performance with service-specific metrics.
- Use digital workplace services to guide architecture and operations choices, including roadmap planning and service catalogs.
Download the report:
Gartner: Introducing the Digital Workplace Strategic IT Services Portfolio, Nikos Drakos, Simon Mingay, 14 June 2017.