Fastpath: Add-ons > Storage Management
To connect Jive to a Dropbox account:
- Click your avatar in the top right and select Add-ons.
- Make sure the StreamOnce add-on is installed.
- On the Storage Management tab, click Add Integration.
- Select Dropbox as the Provider Type. In the Display Name field, type the name you want community users to see displayed when you are selecting a storage provider for a group. Then click Add.
- If you want all your community users to be able to create groups that use this Dropbox connection for storage, select the Enabled check box.
- If you want only some of your users to be to be able to create places that use this storage instance, clear the Enabled check box and start typing the name of a Jive permission group in the Permissions Override field. These groups will be granted permission to create groups linked to this storage instance.
- User Mapping Options determine how the storage connection will connect Dropbox users with Jive users. You should always use the default setting, which is email address.
- Click Edit Settings to connect to a Dropbox account.
- Click Save to save your instance settings.
- Click Save to continue.
- Click Save to save the integration. You'll now see it listed in the Storage Management tab.
- If you want to make Dropbox the default storage provider for new places that are created in the community, select it in the Storage Management tab. Clearing the Allow users to choose Jive as internal storage check box removes the option to store uploaded documents in Jive for all newly created places.